Rock Up takes place every Wednesday evening at Colville House Senior Youth Club in School Road, Lowestoft. The music session runs from 7:30 to 9:30 pm and is FREE to attend – but you must be a member of the youth club and they charge 50 pence admission.
There are lots of ways you can enjoy music the Rock Up way.
- Pick up and Play – just drop in and have a go. We’ve got all the instruments and our tutors can help you if you want, or leave you in peace to try out things for yourself; it’s your choice.
- One-to-one tuition – if you want to learn particular pieces or techniques, our tutors will give you time alone to help you play the way you want to play.
- Online tutorials – made specially for you by the tutor, so you can practise at a time and in a place that suits you. You can see an example at the bottom of this page.
- Band practice – time to get together with other young musicians and share your love of music.
- DJ decks – into making your own mixes? Then come and try out the Rock Up decks with professional DJ Tallulah Goodtimes.
- Public performances – where you get to share your music with family, friends and wider audiences.
- Digital showcases – loading your mixes up to MixCloud to share with the world. You can visit our MixCloud site at the bottom of this page.
- Arts Awards – your chance to gain a qualification doing something you love – making music.
Specially created for each individual student, the tutorials are only available via the membership area – but here’s an example, just to give you an idea of what they look like.
Be part of the audience and listen to some Rock Up mixes now.
Arts Awards are nationally accredited qualifications – you can use any art form and follow a simple path to show how it has helped you gain new experiences and skills.
Several of the young people at Rock Up have started doing an Award and are collecting videos and comments for their personal journals, as evidence of their learning.
Access to these journals is via the Membership area of this website and is password protected.